This week is Mental Health Awareness week and the theme for this year is loneliness.
Loneliness affects many of us at one time or another. We know that loneliness can be both the driver for, and a product of mental health.
Here are some strategies that you may find useful in coping with loneliness:
1) Try to do some enjoyable things that will keep you busy.
2) Try to do things that stimulate your mind.
3) Think about doing a physical activity.
4) Try to engage with the people you meet in your daily life.
5) Find people that ‘get you’.
6) Spend time with pets.
7) Try to use social media in a positive way.
Talking therapies can help.
We are here to support you at ALL times at Oakfield and a reminder that Oakfield Construction’s Mental Health First Aider is Lottie Atkinson!